NOCX Inc. ProgramsNow Opportunities Can Exist Inc.
The youth will occasionally come together as a collective team to participate in community service activities.
NOCX INC Mentoring Program
NOCX Mentoring Program is a 12 month program that prepares the youth ages 6-18 to meet the obstacles of adolescence and young adulthood through a coordinated, progressive series of high quality activities and learning experiences that help them to achieve social, emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being. Our youth participate in 1:1 mentoring, community service, and enrichment activities as they gain the ability to lead themselves and others on a course of action. They also gain the ability to analyze their own strengths and weaknesses, set personal and vocational goals, and have the self- confidence and self- esteem to pursue and achieve their goals.
My Values & Beliefs
Ages 6 – 10
- All youth need a healthy start in life. As they begin their journey to adolescence, Nocx provides the youth with a strong foundation reminding that Now Opportunities Can Exist so they enter adolescence with a healthy self- image and self- confidence.
Ages 11 – 14
- Middle school is a transition from girlhood and boyhood to young adulthood. It is a time of transition and fast physical development that leaves many youth with hurt emotions and diminished esteem as their bodies, emotions, and relationships begin to evolve. Nocx focuses on nurturing the youth through this unpredictable life state so they feel and understand their worth and then emerge as vibrate, confident, and assured young individuals.
Ages 15 – 18
- Youth in high school are seeking for independence and identity. Their personal needs and priorities are the basis for goals they set for their lives. They are ready to explore and prepare for future careers and roles. Nocx supports the youth in discovering their potential and understanding the unlimited possibilities available to them.
Now Opportunities Can Exist
The problem of low self-esteem is pervasive among pre-adolescent and adolescent girls in the United States. Research conducted by the Girl Scout Research Institute and other organizations demonstrates that risky behavior such as smoking, drinking, unsafe sexual behavior, eating disorders, suicidal tendencies, and self-mutilative behavior are often associated with low self-esteem.
NOCX Leadership Program is an 7-month enrichment program designed to build character, self-esteem and develop strong leadership skills in youth ages 6 – 18. The program offers interactive life-skills workshops, experiential learning activities, STEM career exploration, group mentoring, and community service. NOCX Leadership Program aims to work with the youth at an early age to prevent teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, gang involvement, and other high risk behaviors.
The program meets weekly during the summer months June – August and bi-weekly Mid-August – December and covers topics such as:
- Self Love Awareness
- Confidence, Respect & Self esteem
- Positive Body Image
- Health & wellness
- Peer Pressure – Bullying
- Public Speaking
- Social Media
- Non-violent Conflict Resolution
- Healthy emotions & relationships
- Establishing boundaries
- Gaining Respect
- STEM Careers
- Organization & Goal Setting
- Financial Literacy
We Are Here For You
NOCX Leadership Program helps the youth develop a healthy self-image and feel better about themselves by providing support in a nurturing learning environment which enables them to develop essential skills necessary to face life’s challenges.